Consider/Discuss/Act on a Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute a Lease/Purchase Agreement on an E-One Aerial and E-One Pumper Between the City of McKinney and First Bankers
MEETING DATE: February 17, 2015
DEPARTMENT: Fire Department
CONTACT: Fire Chief Danny Kistner
Assistant Fire Chief Chris Lowry
RECOMMENDED CITY COUNCIL ACTION:
* Approval of Resolution
* This Resolution authorizes a Lease/Purchase agreement for an E-One Aerial and E-One Pumper.
* The FY15 budget included funding a lease/purchase for a 78 foot E-One Aerial and an E-One Pumper.
* The revised specification is from the approved 78 foot aerial to a 100 foot aerial.
* The department has determined the need for a 100 foot Quint due to the common distance in setbacks and building heights and will provide additional access to the increase in building heights in the future.
* Council approved both apparatus as individual lease/purchases. We are recommending combining them for a slight savings to the city.
* The revised specifications will improve Life Safety:
o Occupant Rescue from multi-family multi-story occupancies, or multi-story commercial occupancies.
o Secondary means of egress for Fire department personnel operating in multi-story occupancies
* To accomplish these life safety goals we are taught as vehicle operators to place the apparatus in a tactical position on the corner of a building. The purpose of this placement is two-fold:
* One to be out of the collapse zone
* Two to be able to "Scrub" two sides of the building.
o Fire fighter safety while performing vertical ventilation operations.
* Council approved funds in FY14-15 budget in the amount of $362,500 for the lease/purchase (down payment and first year payment) of a 78 foot Quint.
* Council approved funds in FY 14-15 budget in the amount of $259,720 for the lease/purchase of an E-One Pumper.
FINANCIAL SUMMAR...Click here for full text