Consider/Discuss/Act on a Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute a Professional Services Contract with Conduit A+D of McKinney, Texas for Architectural and Engineering Services Related to the Design and Construction of Fire Station # 9
MEETING DATE: September 15, 2015
DEPARTMENT: Development Services / Fire Department
CONTACT: Patricia L. Jackson, P.E., Facilities Construction Manager
Danny Kistner, Fire Chief
RECOMMENDED CITY COUNCIL ACTION:
* Approval of the Resolution.
* This Resolution authorizes a professional services contract to provide architectural and engineering services related to the design and construction of Fire Station # 9 located on the east side of Lake Forest Drive between University Drive and Wilmeth Road.
* The selected consultant team, Conduit A+D, in association with Architects Phelps / Wood, submitted a proposal to provide professional architectural and engineering services for Fire Station # 9 which will be based upon the original design of existing Fire Station #7.
* Conduit A+D has submitted a proposal to provide complete professional architectural and engineering services related to the design and construction of Fire Station # 9 in an amount of $360,000.
* Conduit A+D is a professional architectural consulting firm based in McKinney, Texas. The studio's services include residential, commercial, and civic architectural design.
* Architects Phelps / Wood is a professional architectural consulting firm based in Frisco and McKinney, Texas specializing in municipal facilities, fire stations, senior centers, civic centers, community centers and maintenance facilities.
* Architects Phelps / Wood provided complete architectural and engineering design services on Fire Station # 5, Fire Station # 6, Fire Station # 7 and Fire Station # 8. The design of Wysong Central Fire Station was a collaborative effort between the principals of...Click here for full text